WESTON, Conn. – An estimated 59 percent of Connecticut Light & Power customers in Weston and 71 percent in Redding as well as 59 percent of the United Illuminating customers in Easton were still without power Friday morning
Utility officials estimate 2,273 of the 3,808 customers served in Weston, 2,799 of the 3,903 customers served in Redding, and 1,693 of the 2,861 customers served in Easton are without power as of 5 a.m. Friday morning, according to outage maps. CL&P expects to have most power restored to customers by Monday or Tuesday, according to a press release Thursday.
More than 173,000 customers out of 320,150 total customers served by UI are out of power across Connecticut as of 5 a.m. Friday, down from more than 109,000 customers Thursday morning. UI hopes to have 95 percent of its power restored by Monday.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 2 Easton Firefighter Spots Bear On Valley Road
- 3 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 Integrate Function, Color, Style Into Your Backyard, Say Weston Designers