WESTON, Conn. – An estimated 84 percent of Connecticut Light & Power customers in Weston were still without power Thursday morning, down slightly from 94 percent Wednesday morning.
Utility officials estimate 3,230 of the 3,808 customers served in Weston were without power as of 5 a.m. Thursday morning, according to outage maps. Power to most customers should be restored by Monday or Tuesday, CL&P officials said Thursday morning.
“Our immediate priorities are to address emergencies, work with the state and towns to clear roads, restore service to critical facilities such as hospitals and assess damage,” officials said in a statement on the company’s website. “Our employees are working around the clock until all our customers have power.”
More than 230,000 customers out of 1,240,246 total customers served by CL&P were out of power across Connecticut as of 5 a.m. Thursday, down from more than 340,000 customers without power Wednesday morning.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 3 Weston Police Forensics Officers Help With Child Porn Arrest
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street