WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston, Easton and Redding this week:
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies.
- The Easton PTA is seeking donations to help complete the Joan Parker Outdoor Classroom at Helen Keller Middle School.
- Weston, Redding divers helped The New Canaan YMCA Whirlwind Diving Team to capture the team first place prize at the annual Whirlwind Winter Weekend Invitational Diving Meet.
- Barbara A. Switzer of Wilder, a former Weston resident died at age of 88.
Fairfield officers investigated an assault, broke up a loud party and helped get a barely conscious woman to the hospital.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich