WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- A 32-year-old Weston mother Christina Failla, of Samuelson Road was arrested on charges of leaving her young son alone in a parked car in South Norwalk after midnight.
- The death of Benjamin Seitz, a 15-month-old Ridgefield boy in a hot car, has been ruled a homicide.
- A Stamford man, Tucker Blandford, 23, faked his death to get out of a wedding to an English woman he met at the University of Connecticut.
- The Weston Board of Education received a Power of Change Award for its efforts in reducing energy consumption over the last five years resulting in a 38 percent cost savings.
- The Redding Country Club sent 19 swimmers to the annual Connecticut Stateline Championships held at Pomperaug High School.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill