DANBURY, Conn. -- Bridge replacement work will close the ramps on Route 7 near the Danbury Fair Mall for five nights, according to the state Department of Transportation.
The Route 7 South off-ramp, and the on-ramp to Route 7 North at Exit 8 for Backus Avenue in Danbury are scheduled to be closed nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 14, and at the same times on Monday, Aug. 18, through Thursday, Aug. 21, the DOT said.
Motorists in the area may need this detour information:
- For Route 7 South off-ramp to Backus Avenue (Exit 8): Vehicles will detour to Exit 7 for Sugar Hollow Road and back onto Backus Avenue.
- For Route 7 North on-ramp from Backus Avenue: Vehicles will detour to Sugar Hollow Road to Wooster Heights and onto the ramp for Route 7 North.
The work will consist of removing the existing bridge deck joints across the full width and replacing them with new concrete and asphalt plug joints, the DOT said.
These two locations are on one of 13 bridges being completed as part of DOT Project No. 0174-0364, awarded to Arborio Corp. The project's cost is $2,283,130. The contract was awarded July 26, 2013, and the work is scheduled to be completed Nov. 22.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 3 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Fairfield County's Highest Snowfall Amounts Will Be North Of Merritt
- 5 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday