update: NORWALK, Conn. -- The accident scene for the burning car has been cleared on I-95 in Norwalk, but traffic delays remain, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said after 1 p.m. Thursday.
original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- A car fire on I-95 north in Norwalk is causing traffic jams between Exit 9 in Darien and Exit 14 in Norwalk, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
The car fire was reported just before noon Thursday, DOT said.
Stop-and-go traffic and delays of up to 20 minutes or more are seen in the area in the early afternoon.
The car fire is between Exits 13 and 14 in Norwalk. The left and center lanes are closed on northbound I-95.
It was not clear how long it would take to clear the scene.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Weston, Easton, Redding; Thunderstorms Possible