update: NORWALK, Conn. -- The accident scene for the burning car has been cleared on I-95 in Norwalk, but traffic delays remain, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said after 1 p.m. Thursday.
original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- A car fire on I-95 north in Norwalk is causing traffic jams between Exit 9 in Darien and Exit 14 in Norwalk, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
The car fire was reported just before noon Thursday, DOT said.
Stop-and-go traffic and delays of up to 20 minutes or more are seen in the area in the early afternoon.
The car fire is between Exits 13 and 14 in Norwalk. The left and center lanes are closed on northbound I-95.
It was not clear how long it would take to clear the scene.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 5 Ribbon-Cutting Joins Trails In Easton's Centennial Watershed Forest