EASTON, Conn. -- An Easton boy who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a head-on collision with a dump truck four years ago was awarded $8 million in damages by a jury on Thursday, April 24, according to ctpost.com.
The jury found Easton-based Designing Nature responsible for the negligence of its driver, Devin Schreyer. The landscaping company will have to pay the victim and his family $3 million in economic damages and $5 million in non-economic damages. After legal fees and interest, the total could exceed $12 million, ctpost.com reported.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat
- 5 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals