EASTON, Conn. -- An Easton boy who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a head-on collision with a dump truck four years ago was awarded $8 million in damages by a jury on Thursday, April 24, according to ctpost.com.
The jury found Easton-based Designing Nature responsible for the negligence of its driver, Devin Schreyer. The landscaping company will have to pay the victim and his family $3 million in economic damages and $5 million in non-economic damages. After legal fees and interest, the total could exceed $12 million, ctpost.com reported.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick