EASTON, Conn. – An Easton firefighter was killed Monday night after being severely injured by a fallen tree on Judd Road, according to published reports.
The firefighter was pronounced dead at a local hospital, published reports said. No additional information is available at this time.
The Easton Fire Department did not offer comment Monday night. The Easton Police Department said they were aware an incident had occurred in the area but had no further details.
Several fire departments, including Ashland, Stamford and Stratford, as well as residents, took to Twitter to express their condolences.
”Our hearts go out to the Easton Fire Department,” Tweeted Stamford Fire and Rescue.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the Easton Firefighter killed by a tree this evening. RIP brother!” Tweeted the Stratford Fire Department.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more updates.
- 1 Weston Voters Approve Town, Capital Budgets But Reject School Spending Plan
- 2 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Easton, Weston
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 5 New State Bill Would Bring More Tax Revenue To Weston