EASTON, Conn. – An Easton firefighter was killed Monday night after being severely injured by a fallen tree on Judd Road, according to published reports.
The firefighter was pronounced dead at a local hospital, published reports said. No additional information is available at this time.
The Easton Fire Department did not offer comment Monday night. The Easton Police Department said they were aware an incident had occurred in the area but had no further details.
Several fire departments, including Ashland, Stamford and Stratford, as well as residents, took to Twitter to express their condolences.
”Our hearts go out to the Easton Fire Department,” Tweeted Stamford Fire and Rescue.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the Easton Firefighter killed by a tree this evening. RIP brother!” Tweeted the Stratford Fire Department.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more updates.
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey
- 4 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 5 Expect More Snow: Winter Weather Advisory Remains In Effect In Weston