FAIRFIELD, Conn. — A Dense Fog Advisory was in place for Northern Fairfield County until 10 a.m. Wednesday, the National Weather Service said.
Visibility is a quarter of a mile or less due to the dense fog, the warning said. Dense fog is possible through noon Wednesday.
Commuters are warned to reduce speeds due to hazardous travel conditions. Drivers should use low beams and leave plenty of distance ahead of them, the advisory said.
A high temperature of 57 degrees with rain is expected for Wednesday, the weather service said.
A High Wind Watch remains in effect for later Wednesday through early Thursday, with sustained winds of 40 mph or more with gusts of 58 mph or more possible with heavy rain, the weather advisory said.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut