FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — A freezing rain advisory was issued for Fairfield County starting at 3 a.m. Monday.
The advisory, issued by the National Weather Service, lasts through 9 a.m. Monday. The freezing rain could be mixed with snow and sleet as well as traces of ice accumulation.
With the rain will be winds of 5 to 10 mph with temperatures in the upper 20s to low 30s.
Travel though Monday morning could be dangerous given the freezing rain and any still unplowed roads.
Drivers should be careful on the roads as black ice and slippery roads may be an issue.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 3 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Easton Man’s Arrest After Crashing Car In Fairfield Tops Week’s News