FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County traffic got off to bad start when a two-car closed one lane of Interstate 95 southbound in Greenwich at 4:19 p.m.
The report on the Connecticut Department of Transportion website did not indicate how long the delay would last.
At 4:26 p.m., a car fire created further trouble Northbound on I-95. The car fire occurred near Exit 7 in Stamford and closed the left lane. Another care fire on I-95 Southbound occurred about 15 minutes later, also near Exit 7.
Traffic was slow all over Fairfield County on Friday. Traffic was also crawling on Interstate 84 in Danbury, but there were not any accidents reported as of 4:30 p.m. Traffic was also slow on the Merritt Parkway Northbound.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding