FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County traffic got off to bad start when a two-car closed one lane of Interstate 95 southbound in Greenwich at 4:19 p.m.
The report on the Connecticut Department of Transportion website did not indicate how long the delay would last.
At 4:26 p.m., a car fire created further trouble Northbound on I-95. The car fire occurred near Exit 7 in Stamford and closed the left lane. Another care fire on I-95 Southbound occurred about 15 minutes later, also near Exit 7.
Traffic was slow all over Fairfield County on Friday. Traffic was also crawling on Interstate 84 in Danbury, but there were not any accidents reported as of 4:30 p.m. Traffic was also slow on the Merritt Parkway Northbound.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Weston Students Win Westport Halloween Window Painting Contest
- 4 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 5 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown