Glenn J. Wolak of Darien, husband of Weston High School principal Lisa Wolak, died Tuesday, Nov. 30, after a long battle with cancer. He was 48.
The news of his death was shared with the students Wednesday during the school day.
Wolak was born in Bridgeport on March 8, 1962, the son of Ruth Seguin and Walter Wolak.
He grew up in Fairfield, graduated from Ludlowe High School in 1981 and attended Fairfield University. He worked for many years as a production manager at Ben Marketing Group and at Austin Lawrence. He was also a member of St. Thomas More Roman Catholic Church of Darien.
Wolak is survived by his wife of 22 years, Lisa; two daughters, Victoria and Olivia; five brothers, Walter, Greg, Kevin, Jerry and Roger Wolak; two sisters, Marion Simmons and Ruth Carlson; and several nieces and nephews.
A memorial service was held Dec. 3 at Lawrence Funeral Home in Darien. A Mass was celebrated for Wolak at St. Thomas More Church, and burial was held at St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery in Darien.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donations to the Carl and Dorothy Bennett Cancer Center, c/o Stamford Health Foundation, 9 W. Broad St., 9th Floor, Stamford, CT 06902.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo