WESTPORT, Conn. – Two teams of area residents will kick off 2013 with a splash –literally. On New Year’s Day, members of Team Mossman Triathlon Club and TI Polar Bears will take a dip in the icy waters of Long Island Sound at Westport’s Compo Beach to raise money for two nonprofits.
At 10 a.m., Team Mossman Triathlon Club is hosting its 10th annual Polar Plunge to benefit Save the Children, a Westport-based nonprofit that helps children in need in the United States and around the world. All proceeds will go to Save the Children’s health and education programs, according to an announcement from the nonprofit.
At 11 a.m., the TI Polar Bear Team is hosting its sixth annual Polar Bear Plunge to benefit United Cerebral Palsy of New York City. The nonprofit provides medical, clinical, educational, vocational, technological, residential and rehabilitative services to thousands of children and adults with cerebral palsy and related disabilities.
For more information about the Team Mossman Polar Plunge, or to sign up, visit the team’s official website. For more information about the TI Polar Bear Plunge, to sign up or donate, visit the official Polar Bear Plunge website.
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey
- 5 Icy Patches Likely Overnight With Falling Temperatures In Fairfield County