DANBURY, Conn. -- No injuries were reported in a car vs. train accident Saturday morning at the Metro-North crossing at Shelter Rock Road in Danbury, Metro-North said.
The accident occurred at 10:56 a.m. and involved a northbound train on the Danbury Branch, according to Metro-North spokesman Aaron Donovan.
"I have no details on why the car was trespassing on the right of way," Donovan said. Shelter Rock Road was wet but not too icy or snowy as of Saturday afternoon.
"We are replacing train services with buses for the moment," Donovan said. The train remained stopped at the crossing, with the roadway blocked, as of 1 p.m. Saturday.
Bus service was continuing Saturday, making stops at all Metro-North stations on the Danbury Branch from South Norwalk to Danbury on the regular Saturday schedule.
The crossing is near the Department of Motor Vehicles as well as the Comast office.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters