DANBURY, Conn. -- No injuries were reported in a car vs. train accident Saturday morning at the Metro-North crossing at Shelter Rock Road in Danbury, Metro-North said.
The accident occurred at 10:56 a.m. and involved a northbound train on the Danbury Branch, according to Metro-North spokesman Aaron Donovan.
"I have no details on why the car was trespassing on the right of way," Donovan said. Shelter Rock Road was wet but not too icy or snowy as of Saturday afternoon.
"We are replacing train services with buses for the moment," Donovan said. The train remained stopped at the crossing, with the roadway blocked, as of 1 p.m. Saturday.
Bus service was continuing Saturday, making stops at all Metro-North stations on the Danbury Branch from South Norwalk to Danbury on the regular Saturday schedule.
The crossing is near the Department of Motor Vehicles as well as the Comast office.
- 1 Weston Woman Charged With Disorderly Conduct In Fight With Boyfriend
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Move Into Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping