DANBURY, Conn. -- No injuries were reported in a car vs. train accident Saturday morning at the Metro-North crossing at Shelter Rock Road in Danbury, Metro-North said.
The accident occurred at 10:56 a.m. and involved a northbound train on the Danbury Branch, according to Metro-North spokesman Aaron Donovan.
"I have no details on why the car was trespassing on the right of way," Donovan said. Shelter Rock Road was wet but not too icy or snowy as of Saturday afternoon.
"We are replacing train services with buses for the moment," Donovan said. The train remained stopped at the crossing, with the roadway blocked, as of 1 p.m. Saturday.
Bus service was continuing Saturday, making stops at all Metro-North stations on the Danbury Branch from South Norwalk to Danbury on the regular Saturday schedule.
The crossing is near the Department of Motor Vehicles as well as the Comast office.
- 1 Weston, Easton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield