FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — The sharp contrast between the cities of Greenwich and Bridgeport are highlighted in an NPR/Global Post report on worldwide wealth and poverty.
"Welcome to Fairfield County, Conn., the wealthiest metropolitan area in the country, according to the Labor Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis, but also among the most unequal in terms in income distribution," says the story, which compares the high-end shops of Greenwich Avenue with frequent gun violence in Bridgeport about 25 miles away.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut