FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A Blue Ribbon Panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and a lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up before the the fatal derailment in the Bronx, N.Y., to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven Line in Connecticut that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 3 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield