FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A Blue Ribbon Panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and a lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up before the the fatal derailment in the Bronx, N.Y., to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven Line in Connecticut that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal