FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A Blue Ribbon Panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and a lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up before the the fatal derailment in the Bronx, N.Y., to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven Line in Connecticut that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 Weston Woman Charged With Disorderly Conduct In Fight With Boyfriend
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Move Into Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping