WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines. That incident came just a day after a train was disabled at the Green's Farms stop in Westport due to the extreme cold.
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on Weston and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- Former Redding resident and Joel Barlow graduate Sean Hyson published a new book, "Men's Fitness: 101 Best Workouts of All Time."
- Staff at Weston Middle School located a small amount of radioactive material in an unopened science kit.
- A growing number of people in Fairfield County don’t always know where their next meal is coming from, according to a new study done by the Fairfield County Community Foundation.
- 1 Weston, Easton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Easton, Weston Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning