WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Easton, Redding and Weston last week:
- The U.S. Postal Service has decided to cut the hours at the Redding Center Post Office from eight hours per day to four hours per day.
- The Weston High School football team will have the chance to experience the thrill of playing at home under the lights this fall season.
- The Ridgefield woman whose 15-month-old son died after her husband forgot him in a hot car said she has forgiven her spouse.
- Madonna Badger, 50, who lost her parents and three daughters in a Christmas Day fire in Stamford in 2011, got married to her longtime friend Bill Duke in St. John-St. Matthew-Emanuel Lutheran Church in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Paolo and Clara Cavalli are looking forward to opening their new restaurant in Fairfield, Brick + Wood, in the location of his family's restaurant Ponte Vecchio in early September.
- Kaitlyn Dalrymple of Weston taught preschoolers lessons about the planet's marine life to earn her Girl Scout Gold Award.
- Crowds turned out to support and enjoy the Easton Fireman's Carnival, an annual benefit for the town's volunteer fire department.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Rank Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 2 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 3 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says