WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- The Redding-Easton 12-and-under softball team completed a dominating run through the District 1 tournament with a 10-0 win over Wilton in the championship game.
- Redding resident Gwyneth Nicoloro, a student at Brien McMahon High School in Norwalk, has won a scholarship for a two-week trip to Japan with the Japan Foundation.
- Westport police used a Taser to apprehend a Weston man, Thomas Patterson, 41, who led police on a foot chase after being stopped for speeding and drunken driving.
- Teenage girls Shyana Perez, 13, and Kelly Olivia reported missing in separate incidents were found.
Redding residents Robert Karl, Katharine Read and Evan Tiefenthaler made the Dean's List for the spring semester at Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, N.Y.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 2 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 3 Weston Police Forensics Officers Help With Child Porn Arrest
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot