DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury Hospital was ordered to pay $12 million to a Redding woman who nearly died after a botched hernia operation there, according to the NewsTimes.com.
A Superior Court jury made the award to Vivian Gagliano, 65, after about four hours of deliberations, the NewsTimes said.
According to the story, Gagliano's colon was perforated during a one-day laparoscopic surgery to repair a hernia. She ended up in a coma, needing life-saving surgery and spent 70 days in the hospital, the NewsTimes said.
Danbury Hospital said it was considering an appeal, the NewsTimes said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast