DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury Hospital was ordered to pay $12 million to a Redding woman who nearly died after a botched hernia operation there, according to the NewsTimes.com.
A Superior Court jury made the award to Vivian Gagliano, 65, after about four hours of deliberations, the NewsTimes said.
According to the story, Gagliano's colon was perforated during a one-day laparoscopic surgery to repair a hernia. She ended up in a coma, needing life-saving surgery and spent 70 days in the hospital, the NewsTimes said.
Danbury Hospital said it was considering an appeal, the NewsTimes said.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding