REDDING, Conn. – First Selectman Natalie Ketcham said the Region 9 Board of Education’s request for $135,000 for school security initiatives will be presented to the Board of Selectmen and the Board of Finance at a special joint meeting Jan. 28.
“If it passes both the selectmen and finance it will go to a town meeting in February,” she said.
Schools Superintendent Bernard Josefsberg said the money will be used for building-security expenditures, but he wouldn’t specify what they are. “They are solid estimates to get started on phase one,” he said.
When asked what he meant by phase one, he said, “I expect it to be an ongoing issue and we’re going to take it one step at a time. We have some things planned, but not everything.”
The joint meeting will be held at the Community Center at 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 28. It’s open to the public.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola