WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Redding students Yiran Zhang and Eli Silvert took first place at the 66th Annual Connecticut Science and Engineering Fair.
- A Redding woman, Mayce Smith, 33, was charged with using a company credit card to steal more than $3,600 from her Norwalk employer.
- Court records revealed that Natalie Carpenter, an 18-year-old Torrington woman who was arrested last month, was plotting to carry out a Columbine-style shooting at Danbury High School to get back at people she felt bullied her.
- A suspicious incident in which a man in a black vehicle offered a 13-year-old Westport girl a ride to school turned out to be a misunderstanding .
- Fairfield police detained Rosa Blanca Chavarria-Medina, 31, on orders from the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. She was arrested on drunken-driving charges after a speeding six-car pileup at Cumberland Farms of I-95.
- Brooklee Han , a graduate of Joel Barlow High School, placed 19th at the World Figure Skating championships in Japan.