WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- Actor Charles Keating, best-known for his role as a villain on the soap opera "Another World," died at his home in Weston at age 72.
- The Weston Board of Education approved 2.25 percent pay raises for the school district's superintendent and several other administrators for the 2014-15 school year.
- Emily Catherine Fedorko a high honors student at Greenwich High died at age 16 in a tragic boating accident in Greenwich.
- Tom Foley won the GOP primary and it will be a rematch in November with Dannel Malloy in the race for governor in Connecticut.
- The CT Angels under-14 softball team, which includes girls from Norwalk, Darien, and Weston, capped off its season by taking first place in the B Division of the Fairfield County Fastpitch Softball League tournament .
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal