FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Strong thunderstorms will strike northern Fairfield County on Tuesday afternoon, the National Weather Service said.
At 2:45 p.m., the weather service's Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Brewster, N.Y., that was moving east at 30 mph.
The storm was bringing very heavy rain, with rates of up to an inch of rain per hour. Rain this heavy can cause ponding of water on roadways and minor flooding in poor drainage areas.
Small hail and lightning is also possible, the weather service said.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Suspect In Custody In Shooting Death Of Bridgeport Construction Worker
- 5 Ridgefield Schools Technology Guru Leaving For New Post In Weston