FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Strong thunderstorms will strike northern Fairfield County on Tuesday afternoon, the National Weather Service said.
At 2:45 p.m., the weather service's Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Brewster, N.Y., that was moving east at 30 mph.
The storm was bringing very heavy rain, with rates of up to an inch of rain per hour. Rain this heavy can cause ponding of water on roadways and minor flooding in poor drainage areas.
Small hail and lightning is also possible, the weather service said.
- 1 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Driver Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Redding, Weston Overnight