FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Strong thunderstorms will strike northern Fairfield County on Tuesday afternoon, the National Weather Service said.
At 2:45 p.m., the weather service's Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Brewster, N.Y., that was moving east at 30 mph.
The storm was bringing very heavy rain, with rates of up to an inch of rain per hour. Rain this heavy can cause ponding of water on roadways and minor flooding in poor drainage areas.
Small hail and lightning is also possible, the weather service said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Weston Students Win Westport Halloween Window Painting Contest
- 4 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton