FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Strong thunderstorms will strike northern Fairfield County on Tuesday afternoon, the National Weather Service said.
At 2:45 p.m., the weather service's Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Brewster, N.Y., that was moving east at 30 mph.
The storm was bringing very heavy rain, with rates of up to an inch of rain per hour. Rain this heavy can cause ponding of water on roadways and minor flooding in poor drainage areas.
Small hail and lightning is also possible, the weather service said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal