FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Strong thunderstorms will strike northern Fairfield County on Tuesday afternoon, the National Weather Service said.
At 2:45 p.m., the weather service's Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near Brewster, N.Y., that was moving east at 30 mph.
The storm was bringing very heavy rain, with rates of up to an inch of rain per hour. Rain this heavy can cause ponding of water on roadways and minor flooding in poor drainage areas.
Small hail and lightning is also possible, the weather service said.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview