FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — A wind advisory for Fairfield County will last through 6 p.m. Sunday, the National Weather Service said.
Sustained winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph are expected. The strongest winds are expected to hit the area in the afternoon.
Winds of this strength can damage trees and could cause minor property damage, the weather service said. The winds could also cause power outages.
Drivers are asked to take special caution and are warned that driving can be difficult, particularly for trucks, SUVs and vans.
Along Long Island Sound, there is a gale warning for gusts of up to 40 knots. High seas of 5 to 8 feet are expected for this afternoon and evening.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 5 Connecticut NAACP Announces Probe Into 2014 Death Of Redding Lawyer