WESTON, Conn. – Selectmen received threatening emails from non-residents after new gun restrictions were proposed in town, Weston Selectman Dennis Tracey said.
Tracey, who revealed the threats during an appearance on MSNBC's “Jansing and Company” earlier this week, said the threats came from “people pushing a political agenda. They will have no effect on what we do and make us more determined to have this conversation.”
First Selectman Gayle Weinstein criticized the phone calls and emails she received from non-residents and said, “I will not be bullied by the NRA.”
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight