WESTON, Conn. – Selectmen received threatening emails from non-residents after new gun restrictions were proposed in town, Weston Selectman Dennis Tracey said.
Tracey, who revealed the threats during an appearance on MSNBC's “Jansing and Company” earlier this week, said the threats came from “people pushing a political agenda. They will have no effect on what we do and make us more determined to have this conversation.”
First Selectman Gayle Weinstein criticized the phone calls and emails she received from non-residents and said, “I will not be bullied by the NRA.”
- 1 Easton Firefighter Spots Bear On Valley Road
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Integrate Function, Color, Style Into Your Backyard, Say Weston Designers
- 4 Cigarette Assault, New Leader At Barlow Top Week's News In Easton, Redding
- 5 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up