WESTON, Conn. – Selectmen received threatening emails from non-residents after new gun restrictions were proposed in town, Weston Selectman Dennis Tracey said.
Tracey, who revealed the threats during an appearance on MSNBC's “Jansing and Company” earlier this week, said the threats came from “people pushing a political agenda. They will have no effect on what we do and make us more determined to have this conversation.”
First Selectman Gayle Weinstein criticized the phone calls and emails she received from non-residents and said, “I will not be bullied by the NRA.”
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 United Illuminating, Easton's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield