The Weston Daily Voice reported on town preparations for the hurricane to the power losses that were suffered after the hurricane hit to the closing of schools and the arduous task of clearing roadways of fallen trees.
In Weston, school was cancelled for six days and a high school football game and the town’s Reservoir Run were postponed.
As residents suffered from the storm, the towns responded with Weston opening its high school as an emergency shelter where residents could shower, eat meals and get high speed Internet access. In Easton, meals and ice were handed out in front of the police station.
FEMA assistance is available and towns are busy applying for aid that will help them meet the costs of recovering from the devastating hurricane.
Residents were united in response to the hurricane with one woman offering “free hugs” to anyone who stopped by to pick up hurricane provisions in Easton.
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey
- 5 Icy Patches Likely Overnight With Falling Temperatures In Fairfield County