STAMFORD, Conn. -- An accident on the northbound Merritt Parkway in Stamford at about 3:45 p.m. Friday was causing delays in both directions, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Delays of nearly 10 miles were reported northbound between Exit 31 and Exit 39B, the DOT said. More northbound delays were also reported up through Westport and Fairfield, the DOT said.
Shorter southbound delays were also reported, the DOT said.
Stopped traffic and delays could last through the Friday afternoon rush hour, the DOT said.
Some delays were leftover from an earlier rollover crash on the Merritt in Norwalk.
Also, volume was heavy on the Merritt because Interstate 95 was closed earlier Friday afternoon due to a truck accident. That accident has since been cleared and I-95 has reopened.
- 1 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 2 Weston High School Boosters Plan Food And Wine Festival
- 3 Weston, Easton Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 4 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 5 Happy Birthday To Easton’s Elise Broach