STAMFORD, Conn. -- An accident on the northbound Merritt Parkway in Stamford at about 3:45 p.m. Friday was causing delays in both directions, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Delays of nearly 10 miles were reported northbound between Exit 31 and Exit 39B, the DOT said. More northbound delays were also reported up through Westport and Fairfield, the DOT said.
Shorter southbound delays were also reported, the DOT said.
Stopped traffic and delays could last through the Friday afternoon rush hour, the DOT said.
Some delays were leftover from an earlier rollover crash on the Merritt in Norwalk.
Also, volume was heavy on the Merritt because Interstate 95 was closed earlier Friday afternoon due to a truck accident. That accident has since been cleared and I-95 has reopened.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 5 Icy Patches Likely Overnight With Falling Temperatures In Fairfield County