WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Hayley Negrin, an 11-year-old girl from Weston, won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program for her portrayal of Peg in “Peg+Cat,” an educational PBS show for preschoolers.
- Danbury’s Anna Messina, the girlfriend of John Valluzzo, who shot to death in his Ridgefield home last year during a police standoff, is suing his estate.
- Former "Good Morning America" co-host and Greenwich resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Fairfield County ranks among America's 50 Healthiest Counties for Kids 2014-15, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Easton triathlete Chris Thomas finished 10th overall and first among amateurs in the 70.3-mile Ironman race in Syracuse, N.Y.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight