WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Hayley Negrin, an 11-year-old girl from Weston, won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program for her portrayal of Peg in “Peg+Cat,” an educational PBS show for preschoolers.
- Danbury’s Anna Messina, the girlfriend of John Valluzzo, who shot to death in his Ridgefield home last year during a police standoff, is suing his estate.
- Former "Good Morning America" co-host and Greenwich resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Fairfield County ranks among America's 50 Healthiest Counties for Kids 2014-15, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Easton triathlete Chris Thomas finished 10th overall and first among amateurs in the 70.3-mile Ironman race in Syracuse, N.Y.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Easton, Weston