WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Weston Middle School Principal Amy Watkins sent out an email alert to parents about an "offensive and threatening comment" made on Instagram.
- Four Greenwich residents are among the 500 richest people in the world, according to a newly released list from Forbes.
- Forbes Magazine has rated Southern Connecticut as the nation's second most overpriced area to live in.
- Security concerns for school students were heightened in the Redding and Danbury area after a Bethel girl reported being chased by a man after getting off a bus on Putnam Park Road.
- William John Gillen of Southbury and a Weston teacher died at age of 88.
Easton’s Chris Thomas was named the Men’s Masters Triathlete of the Year by USA Triathlon.
- 1 Weston Voters Approve Town, Capital Budgets But Reject School Spending Plan
- 2 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Easton, Weston
- 3 Danbury Fires Teacher Charged With Sex Assault Over Certification
- 4 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 5 Ridgefield Ranks As Connecticut's Safest Town, Fourth Safest In U.S.