WESTON, Conn. — The overnight storm had left 1,154 power customers in Weston in the dark as of 6 a.m., Thursday, Connecticut Light & Power said.
That's about 30 percent of the town.
In Redding, 365 CL&P customers, about 9 percent of town, had lost power.
There were only a handful of outages in Easton, United Illuminating reported.
Gusty winds could continue through Thursday, with a potential for gusts over 50 mph. A wind advisory remains in effect, the National Weather Service says.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Rank Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 2 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 3 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Showers, Thunderstorms Could Spoil Memorial Day In Weston, Easton, Redding