WESTON, Conn. — The overnight storm had left 1,154 power customers in Weston in the dark as of 6 a.m., Thursday, Connecticut Light & Power said.
That's about 30 percent of the town.
In Redding, 365 CL&P customers, about 9 percent of town, had lost power.
There were only a handful of outages in Easton, United Illuminating reported.
Gusty winds could continue through Thursday, with a potential for gusts over 50 mph. A wind advisory remains in effect, the National Weather Service says.
- 1 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Wet Weather Returning To Weston, Easton
- 5 Farm-To-Table Cookbook Author Finds Inspiration In Son's Easton Experiences