WESTON, Conn. — The overnight storm had left 1,154 power customers in Weston in the dark as of 6 a.m., Thursday, Connecticut Light & Power said.
That's about 30 percent of the town.
In Redding, 365 CL&P customers, about 9 percent of town, had lost power.
There were only a handful of outages in Easton, United Illuminating reported.
Gusty winds could continue through Thursday, with a potential for gusts over 50 mph. A wind advisory remains in effect, the National Weather Service says.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick