WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill are closed to swimming Tuesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The closure orders is per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department, McCarthy said.
The beaches were closed due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, he said.
"It is anticipated they will reopen on Wednesday," McCarthy said.
Town beaches are also closed in Norwlak and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters