WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill are closed to swimming Tuesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The closure orders is per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department, McCarthy said.
The beaches were closed due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, he said.
"It is anticipated they will reopen on Wednesday," McCarthy said.
Town beaches are also closed in Norwlak and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 2 Weston High School Boosters Plan Food And Wine Festival
- 3 Weston, Easton Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 4 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 5 West Point Army Major Plans Weston Lecture On General Pershing