WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill are closed to swimming Tuesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The closure orders is per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department, McCarthy said.
The beaches were closed due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, he said.
"It is anticipated they will reopen on Wednesday," McCarthy said.
Town beaches are also closed in Norwlak and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm