WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill are closed to swimming Tuesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The closure orders is per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department, McCarthy said.
The beaches were closed due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, he said.
"It is anticipated they will reopen on Wednesday," McCarthy said.
Town beaches are also closed in Norwlak and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48