WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill are closed to swimming Tuesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The closure orders is per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department, McCarthy said.
The beaches were closed due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, he said.
"It is anticipated they will reopen on Wednesday," McCarthy said.
Town beaches are also closed in Norwlak and Fairfield.
If you want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown
- 5 Ribbon-Cutting Joins Trails In Easton's Centennial Watershed Forest