WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill have reopened for swimming Wednesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The beaches had been closed Tuesday per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, McCarthy said.
The beaches are also open at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl