WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill have reopened for swimming Wednesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The beaches had been closed Tuesday per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, McCarthy said.
The beaches are also open at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 4 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Weston, Easton Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer