WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill have reopened for swimming Wednesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The beaches had been closed Tuesday per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, McCarthy said.
The beaches are also open at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm