WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill have reopened for swimming Wednesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The beaches had been closed Tuesday per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, McCarthy said.
The beaches are also open at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola