WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill have reopened for swimming Wednesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The beaches had been closed Tuesday per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, McCarthy said.
The beaches are also open at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Weston Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Weston, Easton, Redding Dodge Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Weston, Easton, Redding