WESTPORT, Conn. -- The beaches at Compo and Burying Hill have reopened for swimming Wednesday, according to Stuart McCarthy, director of Westport's Parks & Recreation Department.
The beaches had been closed Tuesday per the order of the Westport Weston Health Department due to the heavy rain that fell on Monday, McCarthy said.
The beaches are also open at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
- 1 Easton Firefighter Spots Bear On Valley Road
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 4 Fireman's Carnival Kicks Off In Easton With Food, Fun, Rides
- 5 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty