WESTPORT, Conn. -- The Westport Weston Family Y is making its facility at 59 Post Road E. in downtown Westport available to local residents seeking relief from the extreme cold.
"The Family Y welcomes those who may be affected by the current weather conditions, whether it's due to a power outage, frozen water pipes or insufficient heat in their own homes," Family Y CEO Rob Reeves said in a statement.
"We want everyone in our community to be safe and to find warmth and comfort -- or a workout and a hot shower -- at the Family Y as long as these hazardous conditions persist."
Those wishing to use the Family Y are asked to check in at the Member Services Desk near the Y entrance on Church Lane. For more information, call 203-226-8981.
The Westport Center for Senior Activities, located at 21 Imperial Ave., is also opening its doors to the community as a warming center. The Center will be open until 4:30 p.m.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y