WESTON, Conn. - Here are some of the top stories this week in Weston, Easton and Redding:
- Tom Herrmann will not seek re-election to a fourth term as Easton’s first selectman, citing an increase in work demands. He will be replaced on the November ballot by Adam Dunsby, chairman of the Easton Board of Education and the Republican Town Committee.
- Bruce Alan Daigh, a senior partner in the New York office of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and a Weston resident, died at the age of 57 on Sept. 4.
- Weston Police Chief John Troxell is looking to institute a multipronged initiative to stop distracted driving in town.
- Weston's youth soccer teams came together to play in honor of the memory of their friend and teammate, 12-year-old AJ Cina, who died in a bike accident in July in Wilton.
- The Weston Library will be hosting a screening of the controversial documentary "The United States of ALEC" with a question-and-answer session afterward on Tuesday, Sept. 17.