REDDING/EASTON, Conn. -- Residents of Redding and Easton who are considering the use of solar power to cut utility bills at their homes have one last chance to attend a free local workshop to learn about Solarize Connecticut.
Redding’s last information session with Solarize Connecticut and the towns’ chosen installer, Sunlight Solar, will be held Thursday, Jan. 16, at 7 p.m. at Redding Town Hall, 100 Hill Road.
Easton's last information session will be Saturday, Jan. 18, at noon at the Easton Library, Community Room: 691 Morehouse Road.
“We have been very happy with our decision to install solar panels," Rich and Gail Regan of Redding said in a statement. "Supplying our own energy is a great feeling, in addition to reducing our carbon footprint.”
Solarize Easton-Redding-Trumbull is a unique discount buying program that uses a tiered-pricing structure, town-supported education and outreach and one competitively selected installer to dramatically reduce the cost of solar. The more residents sign up for Solarize, the more the cost comes down.
All contracts must be signed by Feb 9 to participate.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach