REDDING/EASTON, Conn. -- Residents of Redding and Easton who are considering the use of solar power to cut utility bills at their homes have one last chance to attend a free local workshop to learn about Solarize Connecticut.
Redding’s last information session with Solarize Connecticut and the towns’ chosen installer, Sunlight Solar, will be held Thursday, Jan. 16, at 7 p.m. at Redding Town Hall, 100 Hill Road.
Easton's last information session will be Saturday, Jan. 18, at noon at the Easton Library, Community Room: 691 Morehouse Road.
“We have been very happy with our decision to install solar panels," Rich and Gail Regan of Redding said in a statement. "Supplying our own energy is a great feeling, in addition to reducing our carbon footprint.”
Solarize Easton-Redding-Trumbull is a unique discount buying program that uses a tiered-pricing structure, town-supported education and outreach and one competitively selected installer to dramatically reduce the cost of solar. The more residents sign up for Solarize, the more the cost comes down.
All contracts must be signed by Feb 9 to participate.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown
- 5 Ribbon-Cutting Joins Trails In Easton's Centennial Watershed Forest