REDDING/EASTON, Conn. -- Residents of Redding and Easton who are considering the use of solar power to cut utility bills at their homes have one last chance to attend a free local workshop to learn about Solarize Connecticut.
Redding’s last information session with Solarize Connecticut and the towns’ chosen installer, Sunlight Solar, will be held Thursday, Jan. 16, at 7 p.m. at Redding Town Hall, 100 Hill Road.
Easton's last information session will be Saturday, Jan. 18, at noon at the Easton Library, Community Room: 691 Morehouse Road.
“We have been very happy with our decision to install solar panels," Rich and Gail Regan of Redding said in a statement. "Supplying our own energy is a great feeling, in addition to reducing our carbon footprint.”
Solarize Easton-Redding-Trumbull is a unique discount buying program that uses a tiered-pricing structure, town-supported education and outreach and one competitively selected installer to dramatically reduce the cost of solar. The more residents sign up for Solarize, the more the cost comes down.
All contracts must be signed by Feb 9 to participate.
- 1 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 4 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston