REDDING/EASTON, Conn. -- Residents of Redding and Easton who are considering the use of solar power to cut utility bills at their homes have one last chance to attend a free local workshop to learn about Solarize Connecticut.
Redding’s last information session with Solarize Connecticut and the towns’ chosen installer, Sunlight Solar, will be held Thursday, Jan. 16, at 7 p.m. at Redding Town Hall, 100 Hill Road.
Easton's last information session will be Saturday, Jan. 18, at noon at the Easton Library, Community Room: 691 Morehouse Road.
“We have been very happy with our decision to install solar panels," Rich and Gail Regan of Redding said in a statement. "Supplying our own energy is a great feeling, in addition to reducing our carbon footprint.”
Solarize Easton-Redding-Trumbull is a unique discount buying program that uses a tiered-pricing structure, town-supported education and outreach and one competitively selected installer to dramatically reduce the cost of solar. The more residents sign up for Solarize, the more the cost comes down.
All contracts must be signed by Feb 9 to participate.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight