SWANZEY, N.H. - Donald J. Cornell Sr. of Swanzey died Tuesday, June 10. He was 72.
Cornell was born March 29, 1942, in Derby, the son of Benjamin and Marie Cornell. He was a Shelton resident for most of his life until moving to Swanzey 10 years ago. He was the head custodian at John Read Middle School in Redding for many years until his retirement.
Cornell is survived by his wife, Barbara (Dvorsky) Cornell; sons, Donald Jr. and Benjamin Cornell; stepchildren, Victoria Nolan, Frank and Pamela Welch; and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his stepchildren, Roy Welch and Cindy Blankshain.
Calling hours are Monday, June 16, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Riverview Funeral Home, 390 River Road, Shelton. A service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, June 18, in the funeral home. Burial will follow at St. Michael Cemetery in Stratford.
Memorial contributions may be made to Christian Life Fellowship, 211 Whitcomb Road, Swanzey, NH 03446.
For more information, visit www.riverviewfh.com
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Fireman's Carnival Kicks Off In Easton With Food, Fun, Rides
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 Weston Teen Earns Girl Scout Gold Award For Recycling Project
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care