SWANZEY, N.H. - Donald J. Cornell Sr. of Swanzey died Tuesday, June 10. He was 72.
Cornell was born March 29, 1942, in Derby, the son of Benjamin and Marie Cornell. He was a Shelton resident for most of his life until moving to Swanzey 10 years ago. He was the head custodian at John Read Middle School in Redding for many years until his retirement.
Cornell is survived by his wife, Barbara (Dvorsky) Cornell; sons, Donald Jr. and Benjamin Cornell; stepchildren, Victoria Nolan, Frank and Pamela Welch; and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his stepchildren, Roy Welch and Cindy Blankshain.
Calling hours are Monday, June 16, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Riverview Funeral Home, 390 River Road, Shelton. A service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, June 18, in the funeral home. Burial will follow at St. Michael Cemetery in Stratford.
Memorial contributions may be made to Christian Life Fellowship, 211 Whitcomb Road, Swanzey, NH 03446.
For more information, visit www.riverviewfh.com
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 4 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 5 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown