EASTON, Conn. - Georgia Ann Wilkinson Perry of Easton died Wednesday, Feb. 12. She was 83.
Perry was born March 26, 1930, in Danbury, to Francis and Myra Wilkinson. In 1952, she graduated from Danbury State Teachers College (now Western Connecticut State University), and began a 25-year career teaching elementary school in Trumbull and Monroe.
For many years, she attended church services at Long Hill Methodist Church in Trumbull and Jesse Lee Church in Easton, and was active in both communities. She volunteered at the Easton Senior Center, the American Heart Association and the American Lung Association. She was married to Daniel Perry, owner of Perry's Restaurant in Milford.
She was a member of the Trumbull Interfaith Committee, serving as its treasurer for many years. She was a member of the Bridgeport Retired Teachers. She began work as a substitute teacher in Bridgeport and later taught nursery school in Stratford.
Perry is survived by her daughter, Anne C. Partridge (Thomas Henry); and two grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 17, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Cyril F. Mullins Funeral Home, 339 White Plains Road, Trumbull. Services will take place at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18, at the funeral home. Interment in Kings Highway Cemetery, Milford.
For more information, please visit; www.mullinsfh.com
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight