REDDING, Conn. – James Edward Fitzgerald of Redding died Jan. 14 at Meadow Ridge. He was 90.
A World War II veteran, he served as a communications officer in the South Pacific.
Born Sept. 20, 1922, Fitzgerald graduated from the College of the Holy Cross and received an M.B.A. from New York University. He worked in human resources at Norden Systems for more than 35 years and was formerly of Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.
He was predeceased by his wife, Patricia. He is survived by two sons, Michael J. and Thomas J. Fitzgerald; two daughters, Susan P. Fitzgerald and Mary E. Belger; and five grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at Our Lady of Fatima Church in Wilton. Burial will be held at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne, N.Y. Harding Funeral Home in Westport is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Little Sisters of the Poor.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Weston Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Weston, Easton, Redding