REDDING, Conn. – James Edward Fitzgerald of Redding died Jan. 14 at Meadow Ridge. He was 90.
A World War II veteran, he served as a communications officer in the South Pacific.
Born Sept. 20, 1922, Fitzgerald graduated from the College of the Holy Cross and received an M.B.A. from New York University. He worked in human resources at Norden Systems for more than 35 years and was formerly of Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.
He was predeceased by his wife, Patricia. He is survived by two sons, Michael J. and Thomas J. Fitzgerald; two daughters, Susan P. Fitzgerald and Mary E. Belger; and five grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at Our Lady of Fatima Church in Wilton. Burial will be held at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne, N.Y. Harding Funeral Home in Westport is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Little Sisters of the Poor.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Fairfield Police Alerted To Nationwide Gang Threat After Baltimore Protests
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI