EASTON, Conn. - John P. Van Duyne of Easton died Jan.15. He was 91.
Van Duyne was born April 2, 1922, in Newark, N.J.. He moved to Connecticut in 1965 and resided in Easton until 1999, when he moved to Huntington. He graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute on Dec. 23, 1943, Class of 1944 BSEE. He was a World War II veteran serving in the U.S. Army signal corps was and discharged May 9, 1946, as a technical sergeant.
He was an electrical engineer for 40 years, pioneering in electrical measurements, radio and television. He ended his career with Singer as executive vice president of engineering in 1984.
Van Duyne is survived by his wife, Loraine Stoller Van Duyne; sister, Ruth; three sons; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 at Easton Congregational Church. Contact Peter Van Duyne at firstname.lastname@example.org to attend.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 3 Population Grows In Easton, Redding, Weston, All Of Fairfield County
- 4 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens