EASTON, Conn. - John P. Van Duyne of Easton died Jan.15. He was 91.
Van Duyne was born April 2, 1922, in Newark, N.J.. He moved to Connecticut in 1965 and resided in Easton until 1999, when he moved to Huntington. He graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute on Dec. 23, 1943, Class of 1944 BSEE. He was a World War II veteran serving in the U.S. Army signal corps was and discharged May 9, 1946, as a technical sergeant.
He was an electrical engineer for 40 years, pioneering in electrical measurements, radio and television. He ended his career with Singer as executive vice president of engineering in 1984.
Van Duyne is survived by his wife, Loraine Stoller Van Duyne; sister, Ruth; three sons; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 at Easton Congregational Church. Contact Peter Van Duyne at firstname.lastname@example.org to attend.
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey
- 5 Icy Patches Likely Overnight With Falling Temperatures In Fairfield County