EASTON, Conn. - Joseph Thomas DeLuca of Easton died Tuesday, July 8. He was 93.
DeLuca was born April 27, 1921, in Bridgeport, the son of Samuel and Elvira (Iannucci) DeLuca. He served in the Navy during World War II. He earned a Purple Heart. He was a graduate from the Whitney School of Art in 1947, and was later employed by the Bullard Co.
DeLuca is survived by his children, Michele Peloso (Joseph) of Easton, Thomas DeLuca (Lucille) of Milford, Joseph DeLuca and partner, Christopher Nevins, of Florida, and Marylynne Birney (Thomas Peter) of Texas; eight grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Natalie (Rossomando) DeLuca; and siblings, Donald DeLuca, Beatrice Parente-Lauro, Irene Waterbury and Eleanor Guerro.
There will be no calling hours. The funeral will take place Friday, July 11, at 10 a.m. in Notre Dame of Easton Church, 640 Morehouse Road, Easton, with a Mass of the Christian Burial. Interment will follow in Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association CT Chapter, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Rocky Hill CT 06067.
For more information, visit www.parentelauro.com.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 3 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding