WESTON, Conn. -- Legendary Tennessee journalist John Seigenthaler, father of Weston resident and journalist John Michael Seigenthaler, died Friday in his home in Nashville. He was 86.
"We celebrate his life — his devotion to social justice, his advocacy of human rights, and his enduring loyalty to friends and family," his son said in a statement. "He was proud of his hometown, Nashville, and grateful for the opportunity to share his energy and passion with this community."
He was known as a prominent defender of First Amendment rights and served as Robert F. Kennedy's administrative assistant and was the U.S. senator's longtime friend.
Read his full obituary online at the Tennessean, where he served as a longtime editor.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut