WESTON, Conn. -- Legendary Tennessee journalist John Seigenthaler, father of Weston resident and journalist John Michael Seigenthaler, died Friday in his home in Nashville. He was 86.
"We celebrate his life — his devotion to social justice, his advocacy of human rights, and his enduring loyalty to friends and family," his son said in a statement. "He was proud of his hometown, Nashville, and grateful for the opportunity to share his energy and passion with this community."
He was known as a prominent defender of First Amendment rights and served as Robert F. Kennedy's administrative assistant and was the U.S. senator's longtime friend.
Read his full obituary online at the Tennessean, where he served as a longtime editor.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding