WESTON, Conn. -- Legendary Tennessee journalist John Seigenthaler, father of Weston resident and journalist John Michael Seigenthaler, died Friday in his home in Nashville. He was 86.
"We celebrate his life — his devotion to social justice, his advocacy of human rights, and his enduring loyalty to friends and family," his son said in a statement. "He was proud of his hometown, Nashville, and grateful for the opportunity to share his energy and passion with this community."
He was known as a prominent defender of First Amendment rights and served as Robert F. Kennedy's administrative assistant and was the U.S. senator's longtime friend.
Read his full obituary online at the Tennessean, where he served as a longtime editor.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Weinstein's Worries Top Week's News In Weston
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 5 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield