WESTON, Conn. -- Legendary Tennessee journalist John Seigenthaler, father of Weston resident and journalist John Michael Seigenthaler, died Friday in his home in Nashville. He was 86.
"We celebrate his life — his devotion to social justice, his advocacy of human rights, and his enduring loyalty to friends and family," his son said in a statement. "He was proud of his hometown, Nashville, and grateful for the opportunity to share his energy and passion with this community."
He was known as a prominent defender of First Amendment rights and served as Robert F. Kennedy's administrative assistant and was the U.S. senator's longtime friend.
Read his full obituary online at the Tennessean, where he served as a longtime editor.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 5 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm