WESTON, Conn. -- Legendary Tennessee journalist John Seigenthaler, father of Weston resident and journalist John Michael Seigenthaler, died Friday in his home in Nashville. He was 86.
"We celebrate his life — his devotion to social justice, his advocacy of human rights, and his enduring loyalty to friends and family," his son said in a statement. "He was proud of his hometown, Nashville, and grateful for the opportunity to share his energy and passion with this community."
He was known as a prominent defender of First Amendment rights and served as Robert F. Kennedy's administrative assistant and was the U.S. senator's longtime friend.
Read his full obituary online at the Tennessean, where he served as a longtime editor.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick