EASTON, Conn. - Maria Teresa Vargas Martinez of Easton died Sunday, Aug. 25. She was 101.
Martinez was born in Yabucoa, Puerto Rico to Cayetano Vargas and Fransisca Navarro.
Martinez is survived by her daughters, Olga Vitale (Tom) of Easton and Migdalia Kollar of Bridgeport; seven grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Miquel Angel Martinez; daughter, Theresa Martinez; two infant twin sons, Miguel and Gilberto; son-in-law, Robert Kollar; six brothers; and a sister.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 28 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday, Aug. 29 at 10 a.m. meeting directly in Notre Dame of Easton Church, 655 Morehouse Road, Easton. Interment will follow in the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Trumbull.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Martinez’s name to The Easton Senior Center, 650 Morehouse Rd. Easton, CT 06612 or to the Notre Dame Church Sanctuary Fund.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Fireman's Carnival Kicks Off In Easton With Food, Fun, Rides
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care