EASTON, Conn. - Maria Teresa Vargas Martinez of Easton died Sunday, Aug. 25. She was 101.
Martinez was born in Yabucoa, Puerto Rico to Cayetano Vargas and Fransisca Navarro.
Martinez is survived by her daughters, Olga Vitale (Tom) of Easton and Migdalia Kollar of Bridgeport; seven grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Miquel Angel Martinez; daughter, Theresa Martinez; two infant twin sons, Miguel and Gilberto; son-in-law, Robert Kollar; six brothers; and a sister.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 28 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday, Aug. 29 at 10 a.m. meeting directly in Notre Dame of Easton Church, 655 Morehouse Road, Easton. Interment will follow in the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Trumbull.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Martinez’s name to The Easton Senior Center, 650 Morehouse Rd. Easton, CT 06612 or to the Notre Dame Church Sanctuary Fund.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Fairfield County's Highest Snowfall Amounts Will Be North Of Merritt
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm