EASTON, Conn. - Maria Teresa Vargas Martinez of Easton died Sunday, Aug. 25. She was 101.
Martinez was born in Yabucoa, Puerto Rico to Cayetano Vargas and Fransisca Navarro.
Martinez is survived by her daughters, Olga Vitale (Tom) of Easton and Migdalia Kollar of Bridgeport; seven grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Miquel Angel Martinez; daughter, Theresa Martinez; two infant twin sons, Miguel and Gilberto; son-in-law, Robert Kollar; six brothers; and a sister.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 28 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday, Aug. 29 at 10 a.m. meeting directly in Notre Dame of Easton Church, 655 Morehouse Road, Easton. Interment will follow in the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Trumbull.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Martinez’s name to The Easton Senior Center, 650 Morehouse Rd. Easton, CT 06612 or to the Notre Dame Church Sanctuary Fund.
- 1 Weston Man Charged With Hitting Pedestrian In Westport
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital