WESTPORT, Conn. – Marianne Gilbertie, a longtime Westport resident, died Jan. 21 surrounded by family. She was 89.
Gilbertie was born April 3, 1923, in Vienna, Austria to Berthold and Stella Gluck Korting. A Westport resident for the past 61 years, she and her husband, Michael A. Gilbertie, were the founders and former co-owners of the Weston Gardens.
She was a former member of the Westport Women’s Club, an avid traveler and a member of the KinderTransport Association. She most enjoyed spending as much time as possible with her family.
Gilbertie is survived by two daughters, Karen (Dennis) Roche, of Fairfield, and Debbie (John) Gilbertie-Giannelli, of Westport; and six grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband and a daughter, Susan Gilbertie.
Visitation is from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Harding Funeral Home in Westport.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Westport Professional Firefighters Association, 515 Post Rd. E., Westport, CT 06880, or Westport Volunteer Emergency Medical Service, 50 Jessup Road, Westport, CT 06880.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding