WESTPORT, Conn. – Marianne Gilbertie, a longtime Westport resident, died Jan. 21 surrounded by family. She was 89.
Gilbertie was born April 3, 1923, in Vienna, Austria to Berthold and Stella Gluck Korting. A Westport resident for the past 61 years, she and her husband, Michael A. Gilbertie, were the founders and former co-owners of the Weston Gardens.
She was a former member of the Westport Women’s Club, an avid traveler and a member of the KinderTransport Association. She most enjoyed spending as much time as possible with her family.
Gilbertie is survived by two daughters, Karen (Dennis) Roche, of Fairfield, and Debbie (John) Gilbertie-Giannelli, of Westport; and six grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband and a daughter, Susan Gilbertie.
Visitation is from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Harding Funeral Home in Westport.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Westport Professional Firefighters Association, 515 Post Rd. E., Westport, CT 06880, or Westport Volunteer Emergency Medical Service, 50 Jessup Road, Westport, CT 06880.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 3 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield