EASTON, Conn. - Marilyn Morange Carlson, a long-time resident of Easton, died March 27. She was 85.
Carlson was born March 19, 1929, in Worcester, Mass., she was the daughter of Eugene and Petronella Karlon Morange. She grew up in Massachusetts and later settled in the Bridgeport area in her grammar school years. She was employed by Warner Brothers and Reads Department Store. She volunteered with the Girl Scouts, PTA and the Fairfield Prep Bellarmine Mothers' Guild.
Carlson is survived by her son, Robert S. Carlson (Marion) of Easton; daughter, Nancy Beth Carlson of Alexandria, Va.; three grandchildren; brother, Edward Morange of Wisconsin; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Sidney C. Carlson.
There will be no calling hours. A Memorial Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. April 5 at the Egan Chapel of St. Ignatius Loyola at Fairfield University. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, gifts in memory of Carlson may be made to the Bridgeport Hospital Foundation, 267 Grant Street, Bridgeport, CT 06610, ATTN: Marilyn Carlson Nursing Scholarship.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Dodge Worst Of Nor'easter
- 2 Police Continue Probe Into Suicide At Danbury Mall
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard
- 5 Light Snow Continues In Easton, Weston As Storm Begins To Depart