EASTON, Conn. - Raymond N. Gustafson of Easton died Sunday, March 16. He was 90.
Gustafson was born in Easton, and was a town resident for most of his life. He served in the Army Air Force during World War II in the Pacific Theater. After his discharge, he spent a period of time employed at the Grant Manufacturing Company in Bridgeport, as well as other local industrial concerns such as The General Electric Co. He was the sole proprietor of R. Gustafson Construction. He was past master and member of Aspetuck Lodge #142; a member of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rites, VFW Post # 399 of Westport and American Legion Post # 160. He had been a member of the Fairfield Horticultural Society.
Gustafson is survived by his son, R. Eric Gustafson of Easton; brother, Harold Gustafson of Florida; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Jessie.
Calling hours are Monday, March 24 from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Larson Funeral Home, 2496 North Ave., Bridgeport. Funeral services and burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Salvation Army, Bridgeport Chapter, 30 Elm St., Bridgeport, CT 06604.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat
- 5 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals