WESTON, Conn. -- Actor Charles Keating, best-known for his role as a villain on "Another World," died Friday, Aug. 8, at his home in Weston. He was 72.
Born in London, Keating starred as reformed villain Carl Hutchins on the soap opera "Another World" from 1983-85 and from 1991-98 with a final appearance in 1999. He won the 1995 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his performance. He also appeared on "All My Children" and "As The World Turns."
Locally, Keating was a supporter of the Weston Library and took part in readings and events there. Keating also appeared on stage, screen and television, and was a narrator of audiobooks.
He performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company at Stratford-upon-Avon and on Broadway. In 1992, he appeared the the film "The Bodyguard."
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm