REDDING, Conn. ‒ A Danbury man has been charged with negligent homicide in the death of Abbate Micelina, 70, of Ridgefield, in accident on Route 7, Redding Police said.
Araujo Geraldo, 50, was also charged with driving too fast, police said.
The accident occurred on Aug. 17. A warrant was issued for Geraldo's arrest and he turned himself in, officers said. A court date was set for Jan. 16.
Also from the Redding police blotter:
• Frederick Cusano, 47, from North Branford, was charged with making an improper turn after he drove a semi-trailer off Route 107 while turning onto Goodsell Hill Road on Jan. 3. His vehicle blocked the road, forcing it to be closed for several hours, police said.
• Jonathan Gaberman, 20, from Norwalk, was injured Sunday, Jan. 6, after he lost control of his car on Route 53 and it went onto the shoulder and rolled over on its roof. He was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries and issued a citation for traveling too fast for conditions, police said.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Fireman's Carnival Kicks Off In Easton With Food, Fun, Rides
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care