REDDING, Conn. ‒ A Danbury man has been charged with negligent homicide in the death of Abbate Micelina, 70, of Ridgefield, in accident on Route 7, Redding Police said.
Araujo Geraldo, 50, was also charged with driving too fast, police said.
The accident occurred on Aug. 17. A warrant was issued for Geraldo's arrest and he turned himself in, officers said. A court date was set for Jan. 16.
Also from the Redding police blotter:
• Frederick Cusano, 47, from North Branford, was charged with making an improper turn after he drove a semi-trailer off Route 107 while turning onto Goodsell Hill Road on Jan. 3. His vehicle blocked the road, forcing it to be closed for several hours, police said.
• Jonathan Gaberman, 20, from Norwalk, was injured Sunday, Jan. 6, after he lost control of his car on Route 53 and it went onto the shoulder and rolled over on its roof. He was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries and issued a citation for traveling too fast for conditions, police said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 4 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 5 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown