EASTON, Conn. -- An Easton couple accused of avoiding payment of more than $42,000 in utility bills surrendered to Easton police on Monday in response to a warrant that was issued in December.
The warrant was filed after United Illuminating issued a complaint in October that the couple, Maria and Marc Pennino, had illegally pinned their meter resulting in $42,579.24 of uncharged electricity from Dec. 27, 2005 to Jan. 27, 2012.
First-degree larceny and theft of utility charges were filed against Maria Pennino. Conspiracy to commit larceny and theft of utility charges were filed against Marc Pennino.
They were released on a $25,000 surety bond and given a Feb. 6 court date.
- 1 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 2 Weston High School Boosters Plan Food And Wine Festival
- 3 Weston, Easton Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 4 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 5 West Point Army Major Plans Weston Lecture On General Pershing