EASTON, Conn. -- An Easton couple accused of avoiding payment of more than $42,000 in utility bills surrendered to Easton police on Monday in response to a warrant that was issued in December.
The warrant was filed after United Illuminating issued a complaint in October that the couple, Maria and Marc Pennino, had illegally pinned their meter resulting in $42,579.24 of uncharged electricity from Dec. 27, 2005 to Jan. 27, 2012.
First-degree larceny and theft of utility charges were filed against Maria Pennino. Conspiracy to commit larceny and theft of utility charges were filed against Marc Pennino.
They were released on a $25,000 surety bond and given a Feb. 6 court date.
- 1 Westport's Groove Starring On ABC’s 'What Would You Do?'
- 2 Weston Homeowner Captures The 'Georgetown Bear' On Video
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured