EASTON, Conn. -- An Easton couple accused of avoiding payment of more than $42,000 in utility bills surrendered to Easton police on Monday in response to a warrant that was issued in December.
The warrant was filed after United Illuminating issued a complaint in October that the couple, Maria and Marc Pennino, had illegally pinned their meter resulting in $42,579.24 of uncharged electricity from Dec. 27, 2005 to Jan. 27, 2012.
First-degree larceny and theft of utility charges were filed against Maria Pennino. Conspiracy to commit larceny and theft of utility charges were filed against Marc Pennino.
They were released on a $25,000 surety bond and given a Feb. 6 court date.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Fairfield County's Highest Snowfall Amounts Will Be North Of Merritt
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm