EASTON, Conn. -- Easton police are holding more than $377,000 that was discovered in a gun safe during the investigation of a local landscaper who is charged with the attempted murder and rape of his wife in March, according to the Easton Courier.
Police seized the cash during the investigation of Cory Dawid's home at 465 N. Park Ave. and are awaiting a court order to return the money, according to the article.
Dawid was arrested early Tuesday, March 11, when his son called 911 after seeing his father dragging his mother into the garage. When officers arrived, Dawid said he had tried to kill his wife by hanging her, police said.
Dawid was charged with attempted murder, first-degree assault, first-degree strangulation and second-degree breach of peace. He is held $5 million bond, according to the article.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Fairfield County's Highest Snowfall Amounts Will Be North Of Merritt
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm